Kylian Mbappe, Paul Pogba or N’Golo Kante, for example, could have decided to play for the colours of their country of origin. To help you see more clearly, i present to you the top 15 football stars who have refused Africa.
Within the European continent, there are many players who come from various origins. Many football stars have several nationalities and therefore had to make a difficult choice as to the country they wanted to represent in major competitions. In France, there are many examples.
Here are the list of 13 footballers who refused to play for Africa:
- Mario Balotelli (Italy/Ghana)
- Jerome Boateng (Germany/Ghana)
- David Alaba (Austria/Nigeria)
- Ousmane Dembele (France/Mauritania)
- Nabil Fekir (France/Ageria)
- Dele Alli (England/Nigeria)
- Sami Khedira (Germany/Tunisia)
- N’golo Kante (France/Mali)
- Kylian Mbappe (France/Cameroon/Algeria)
- Romelu Lukaku (Belgium/Dr Congo)
- Paul Pogba (France/Guinea)
- Nani (Portugal/Cape Verde)
- Samuel Umtiti (France/Cameroon)